Tuesday, April 17, 2012 | By: Unknown

Almost Ready

So the day has finally arrived, I'm officially on what is called "terminal leave"; which basically states that I no longer will be reporting to anybody, and I no longer need to return to my duty station. This is something that is odd for me, for I'm both excited and I have this feeling of being lost. For the past four years all I did was roger up, muster, stand watches, and muster with someone. Now the only people I have to answer to is my son and myself. Not that I'm complaining, it's just that I have it in my blood that way, I was trained as such. My father would like to call that "being a victim of the US military", I just see it as routine that has been instilled in us for us to always be on the ready.
Now I think the hardest part about all of this is, watching this place fade out in my rear-view. Where I pretty much have spent the past four years fade out, I really wasn't happy here, but for the most part, it's all I know. Some good friends are here, some nice places, hell I lived five miles from the beach, and just because it isn't Miami Beach, I can honestly say that I only visited it three times, and twice it was at night. One of those nights was a really great night, I would post a picture but if she ever read this she would be pist that the world got to see how beautiful she is, cause according to her she's not. Sad, but that's neither here nor there.


View Larger Map
I'm going to take my time on this drive coming up, it is like 1407 miles, and 22hrs, my son and I are totally going to take a few to get where we are going, stop off at a few places, and check the scenes at places like Atlanta, and New Orleans. Maybe I will take the slightly longer road out and hit up Knoxville, Tennessee. Who knows, my little navigator is totally running the show, I'm just a driver. When I was a kid I used to love road trips, but then I got older and understood how much it sucked, mainly because there was five of us, and we really couldn't make extra stops, wasn't that affordable for them. The cooler had sandwiches and drinks, so the only time we stopped was for fuel and bathroom breaks. This time though it will be different, I got nothing but time on my hands, and only one person is going to get it.
With-in the next few days I will be all packed up, and hopefully by Saturday I will be on the road, to a new life, a new beginning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line or two, tell me your thoughts and feelings, share a story, there is no rights or wrongs...live, love, learn!!!