Sunday, April 8, 2012 | By: Unknown

Getting it Done

Sorry I have just been crazy busy!!! Found out that I have thirty days to get out of the navy. Kind of short notice, but hey that's the life that I have been living for the past four years of my life anyway. Thankfully I had gotten into this special class that they give us, it's for us to transition from military into the civilian sector again. Alot of us have been in way too long, don't have a clue on what it is that we can do out there,nor where to start. Basically the class teaches us how to look for jobs, how to dress, how to handle interviews, and most importantly how to write a resume. With out knowing how to translate my military title and skills into civilian lingo, I might have been a little lost. I wrote a resume about a month ago, after taking this class, I pretty much rebuilt it. There was so much that I didn't even know to put down.
Going back to the civilian life is something that I have wanted for awhile now, realized that this whole thing wasn't all for me, wasn't something I can see myself doing for the next 15 years. I'm not knocking it, I can honestly say that I have had some really good experiences, learned alot, gained alot, just the whole thing of missing birthdays, and holidays, getting married and then divorced; it's just all a bit much. Seen too many people just fall apart, meet too many people that had to go away, or have passed away, seen marriages just crumble, cheating wives and husbands, taking their vowels with no seriousness. As much bad as I have seen I have seen I have gained that much more good, seen dreams come true, had some of mine be made in front of me, such as getting away from the ghetto, finding a career that will take care of my family with enough to put away, and so much more.
I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous, I'm scared. I haven't had to find a job, haven't had to worry about insurance, haven't had to even decide what I will wear to work. Things that I took for granted. My sons meds are monthly 900 dollars easy, I'm personally up to a few hundred for allergies and sleep meds. That's more then a pay check for most people. All will be fine, I'm just over thinking, over stressing about my sons future. More or less I'm just ready to start the first day of the rest of my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line or two, tell me your thoughts and feelings, share a story, there is no rights or wrongs...live, love, learn!!!