Friday, March 23, 2012 | By: Joe

Reliving Memories, Through Old Stories

Today was quiet accomplished. I was able to finish moving my things out of my old house, most of it is in storage, and the rest has either been given away, or relocated to the room in which I now live. I managed to get clothes washed, some cleaning done, and stood a watch at my squadron. After all that speaking to my grandmother was awesome, she made me realize somethings. Like how life used to be back in her time, how she had to work three jobs just to take care of her children, that being my aunts, uncles, and my mother, these days there isn't even enough time to work three jobs. Got the lecture about how having too many kids is a bad thing, which kinda makes sense; the more kids the harder you work, the more you work, the less time you get to spend with them, and that I needed to slow down, see the world with new and open eyes.

She also took me back to my childhood days, where cream of wheat for breakfast was the thing, where playing with toy cars was all that was needed. She reminded me that I need to get in touch with my inner child, have more fun with my child, life is short, and that living should be all the blast no matter what it is that I'm going through, cause there are many more worst things, and many more worst places I could be in life. When I was a child, I used to take my toy cars and just run them from one side of the house to the other and back. My grandmother used to buy me a toy car or two every other day or so. I had so many that I didn't even know what to do with them. May god bless my grandmother, she will be truly missed when the lord calls her to return home.

Either way; basically what she was telling me was that I needed to take each day as it comes, live for today not tomorrow, cause when the day is up we might have missed something important while worrying about the next day, breath in the moments of life, and remember those moments that truly take our breaths away. Those moments are the moments to hold onto, the moments to relive and add to them on a regular basses.

Always remember....Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line or two, tell me your thoughts and feelings, share a story, there is no rights or wrongs...live, love, learn!!!