Friday, March 30, 2012 | By: Unknown

Yelling Unnecessarily

Yesterday, started off peaceful besides me having to go to court for some useless cop giving me a wrongful speeding ticket, other then that it started off peaceful. Then around 2pm seemed like the day went south. I was driving and suddenly my car decided that it wanted to act up, I suddenly found myself with no traction control and no anti-lock brakes, thank god it wasn't raining. So I did the usual, swung by the auto parts store, grabbed a code reader and checked, guess what...all systems check good, no codes. So next me being mechanically inclined, I decided to clean the wheel speed sensors, to no avail. The process of doing that is to jack the car, remove all four tires, and remove each sensor one at a time and clean all the contact points.
Well while I was doing that, my son came home Not a problem, I was happy to see him, until he says "Dad I didn't have a good day." with this look on his face. So I ask why not, and like any seven year old, proceeds to tell me that he couldn't follow the rules. When asked which rules it was "I don't know". Man he frustrates me with that answer, why can't he just come out and say it, whom ever invented that phrase should be smacked.
That's not all, it seems like my son just wanted to push all my buttons, he did everything opposite to what he was told. For example on my way home from the court house, and just before me car issues I went by Wawa and picked up two sandwiches, one for me and one for him. So fast forward to when he is home, he asks me while I'm outside if one of the sandwiches on the table was his. Now I purposely left his sandwich in the store bag,so when he asked my response was "yes, honey, the one that's in the bag is your the other is mine" I said that twice, he said okay. After a few minutes I decided that I wanted to sit with him and eat the rest of my sandwich. Wrong, the little bugger had already eaten it!!! So I raised my voice at him, not really a yell, but close enough to one. It wasn't even the point that it was my sandwich, it was more so the point of him not listening. Like everything everyone says to him these days he only hears half of it, or nothing at all. I'm getting the feeling that he just wants to do what he wants and that's that. Cause about 30 minutes later, after he cried for a little bit and I comforted him, just because I hate to see him cry, and I felt like he miss understood why I had hollered at him in the first place; he hit me up for the sandwich that was originally his, I tell him no cause that's what I'm going to eat, and yet five minutes later he still tried to sneak off with it. I was like why in the hell would you do that?
Never mind all that, still didn't find the problem with the car, and in the end, I never eat the sandwich. So as the day wound down, I just let it all go, tomorrow is another day,and I just wanted to relax with my little dude, no matter how much he had aggravated me earlier. So I decided for us to eat at my next favorite place, Boston Market. Yea I know its not top notch, but it still is good, and the meat loaf tastes just like I remember as a child, plus that's my lil dudes favorite meal, mac-n-cheese, mash potatoes with gravy, and meat loaf. Me on the other hand, I ate the brisket dip carver on wheat, my new favorite. Followed by watching Rio on the big screen and laughing and singing and just being silly.
Today's lesson learned, was to remember that when everything starts crashing, and your kid won't stop bugging, then it is time to stop everything, and do something fun and relaxing relaxing with him. Cause just by doing that, not only did I make his day, but it sure made mine. Never forget to take that moment and just reflect and reset. I have fully come to the understanding that life is to short to just be angry, waste that minute, breath and FOR-GET ABOTIT!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line or two, tell me your thoughts and feelings, share a story, there is no rights or wrongs...live, love, learn!!!